What exactly is goods acceptance, which steps in the control process are to be particularly observed and how is the process to be structured?
Goods receipt is the first activity in a goods receipt, whereby in the process the ordered goods are checked after delivery according to the purchase order and the delivery note and then passed on to the goods receipt control.
Procedure of goods receipt as a checklist in individual steps
- The supplier delivers the goods to the recipient.
- The employee in the goods receiving department checks the address of the consignee on the delivery note or consignment note.
- The delivery is then assigned to the appropriate purchase order and notification is sent.
- The next step is the unloading of the goods and the first visual inspection and check for defects or damage.
- Counting the packages or products and comparing the quantities with the delivery note.
- Finally, if everything is correct, the receipt of goods is confirmed in writing and the delivery is passed on to the incoming goods inspection.
How accurate is the control in the goods receiving department?
When goods are received in a goods receiving department, only the delivery note is checked, compared with the order, and the quantities and condition of the packaging are checked. The quality of the goods themselves is only carried out in a further step of the goods receipt inspection.
The individual steps of the complete receipt, the incoming goods inspection and the storage in a warehouse are a bit different in every company and depend on the respective company.
In most cases, the reception of goods is carried out with the help of mobile devices with barcode scanners, although in the case of very large volumes, the reception is automated.