Maintenance & service
of a Pick-to-Light system
The maintenance and servicing of our Pick-to-Light systems is simple and can also be carried out by the customer's trained specialist personnel. The Pick-to-Light displays and controllers are practically maintenance-free.
Our Pick-to-Light components are basically maintenance-free. The controllers have passive ventilation, which eliminates the need to replace filter mats or active fans. The compartment displays are very robust and professionally constructed from strong aluminum.
The mechanical acknowledgement button can guarantee several million button presses, is practically indestructible and does not need to be replaced. No membrane keys are used. The flat buttons of the PTF-S series are capacitive and can even be operated with work gloves.
In practice, however, it turns out that some employees are very ruthless with the system. The specialist displays are often subjected to strong mechanical impacts. In some cases, the cabling is also damaged.
Our Pick-to-Light systems are very often crucial for the quality and performance of order pickers in order picking, assembly stations and production. For this reason, we recommend regular maintenance of the systems on site. This must be carried out by trained personnel.
This includes maintenance
To ensure operation, the following maintenance work is carried out on the Pick-to-Light system:
- Checking the data availability of all Pick-to-Light components (via our software).
- Check the cabling and the connection terminals.
- Examination of mechanical damage to the compartment displays.
- Switching on the zone test and checking the buttons and LEDs.
- Visual inspection of the Pick-to-Light controller.
- Test and check additional components such as scanners, RFID, scales, etc.
- Review of documentation and spare parts.
On-site maintenance work can be carried out by us or by the customer's trained personnel.
For compartment displays with horizontal mounting (e.g. on the side of the conveyor system) and heavy soiling from cardboard packaging, the displays should be vacuumed regularly with a vacuum cleaner. This ensures that large dust particles are not deposited on the acknowledgement button. If the soiling is very heavy, we offer compartment displays with touch acknowledgement (without mechanical buttons) instead of the standard version.
A Pick-to-Light system consists not only of the hardware, but also of the software. It is not only the connections to the higher-level system that are decisive for the stable operation of the systems. Servicing the software is also one of the important measures for maintaining operation. Software servicing is very straightforward and is carried out by us via remote maintenance (VPN).
This is what the software service includes
The LUCA software is installed on an on-site server system (Windows or Linux). A stable and fast online connection to LUCA-Server is required to service the software.
The following service work is carried out:
- Examination of the internal LUCA log file system and the automatic reorganization of the files.
- Control of system performance and utilization of system resources (memory, CPU, hard disk capacity).
- Checking the database and the workload (possible reorganization of the data).
- Check the backup mechanisms and possibly switch to the replacement server (hot swap).
- Test of the automatic autostart mechanisms during a restart.
- Checking the update mechanisms of the operating system and the virus scanner.
Regular servicing of the software helps to maintain high system quality and stability. In particular, automatic updates of the operating system and the virus scanner are among the sensitive software components that need to be very well coordinated between us and the customer's IT department.
Maintenance & service contracts
We offer our customers maintenance and service contracts for complex systems and critical, production-relevant systems. There are different models, which are worked out individually together with the customer. In standard cases, maintenance is carried out once a year.
Many years of experience in paperless picking