Maintenance & Service
of a Pick-to-Light system
The maintenance and service of our Pick-to-Light systems is simple and can also be carried out by the customer's trained personnel. The Pick-to-Light displays and the controllers are practically maintenance-free.
Basically, our Pick-to-Light components are maintenance-free. The controllers have passive ventilation, which eliminates the need to replace filter mats or active fans. The compartment displays are very robust and professionally constructed from strong aluminium.
The mechanical acknowledgement button can guarantee several million button presses, is practically indestructible and does not need to be replaced. No membrane keys are used. The flat buttons of the PTF-S series are capacitive and can even be operated with working gloves.
In practice, however, it turns out that some employees are very reckless with the system. Strong mechanical impacts are often inflicted on the compartment displays. In individual cases, the cabling is also affected.
Our Pick-to-Light systems are very often crucial for the quality and performance of order pickers in order picking, assembly stations and production. For this reason, we recommend regular maintenance of the systems on site. They must be carried out by trained personnel.
This includes maintenance
To ensure operation, the following maintenance work is carried out on the Pick-to-Light system:
- Checking the data availability of all Pick-to-Light components (via our software).
- Check the wiring and the connection terminals.
- Investigation of mechanical damage to the compartment displays.
- Switching on the zone test and checking the buttons and LEDs.
- Visual inspection of the Pick-to-Light controller.
- Test and control of additional components such as scanners, RFID, scales, etc.
- Checking the documentation and spare parts.
The maintenance measures on site can be carried out by us or by trained personnel of the customer.
In the case of compartment displays with horizontal mounting (e.g. on the side of the conveyor system) and heavy soiling by cardboard boxes, the displays should be regularly vacuumed with a hoover. This ensures that large dust particles are not deposited on the acknowledgement button. If the soiling is very heavy, we offer compartment displays with touch acknowledgement instead of the standard version for this purpose (without mechanical button).
A Pick-to-Light system consists not only of hardware, but also of software. Not only the connections to the higher-level system are crucial for the stable operation of the systems. Software service is also one of the important measures for maintaining operation. Service of the software is very uncomplicated via remote maintenance (VPN) and is carried out by us.
The software service includes
The LUCA software is installed on an on-site server system (Windows or Linux). A stable and fast online connection to LUCA-Server is required to service the software.
The following service work is carried out:
- Investigation of the internal LUCA log file system and the automatic reorganisations of the files.
- Control of system performance and utilisation of system resources (memory, CPU, hard disk capacity).
- Checking the database and the utilisation (possible reorganisation of the data).
- Checking the backup mechanisms and possible switchover to the replacement server (hot swap).
- Test of the automatic autostart mechanisms during a restart.
- Checking the update mechanisms of the operating system and the virus scanners.
Regular servicing of the software leads to the maintenance of high system quality and stability. Especially the topic of automatic updates of the operating system and the virus scanner are among the sensitive software components that must be very well coordinated between us and the customer's IT.
Maintenance & Service Contracts
For complex plants and critical, production-relevant systems, we offer our customers maintenance and service contracts. There are different models that are worked out individually together with the customers. In the standard case, maintenance is carried out once a year.
Many years of experience in paperless order picking