Maintenance & Service
of a Pick-to-Light system
The maintenance and service of our Pick-to-Light systems is simple and can also be carried out by the customer's trained personnel. The Pick-to-Light displays and the controllers are practically maintenance-free.
Basically, our Pick-to-Light components are maintenance-free. The controllers have passive ventilation, which eliminates the need to replace filter mats or active fans. The compartment displays are very robust and professionally constructed from strong aluminum.
The mechanical acknowledgement button can guarantee several million keystrokes, is virtually indestructible and does not need to be replaced. No membrane keys are used. The flat keys of the PTF-S series are capacitive and can even be operated with working gloves.
In practice, however, it turns out that some employees are very reckless with the system. The compartment displays are often subjected to strong mechanical impacts. In individual cases, the cabling is also affected.
Our Pick-to-Light systems are very often critical to the quality and performance of pickers in picking, assembly stations and production. For this reason we recommend regular maintenance of the systems on site. They must be performed by a trained staff.
This includes maintenance
In order to ensure operation, the following maintenance work is performed on the Pick-to-Light system:
- Checking the data availability of all Pick-to-Light components (via our software).
- Check the wiring and the connection terminals.
- Investigation of mechanical damage to the compartment displays.
- Switching on the zone test and checking the keys and LEDs.
- Visual inspection of the Pick-to-Light controller.
- Test and control of additional components such as scanners, RFID, scales, etc.
- Verification of documentation and spare parts.
On-site maintenance can be performed by us or by the customer's trained personnel.
In the case of compartment displays with horizontal mounting (e.g. on the side of the conveyor system) and heavy soiling by cardboard boxes, the displays should be regularly vacuumed with a vacuum cleaner. This will ensure that large dust particles are not deposited on the acknowledgement button. If the contamination is very strong, we offer instead of the standard version for this purpose compartment displays with touch acknowledgement (without mechanical button).
A Pick-to-Light system consists not only of hardware, but also of software. Not only the connections to the higher-level system are crucial for the stable operation of the equipment. Service of the software is also one of the important measures for maintaining operation. Service of the software is very uncomplicated by remote maintenance (VPN) and is carried out by us.
The software service includes
The LUCA software is installed on an on-site server system (Windows or Linux). A stable and fast online connection to the LUCA-Server is required to service the software.
The following service work is performed:
- Investigation of the internal LUCA log file system and the automatic reorganizations of the files.
- Control of system performance and utilization of system resources (memory, CPU, hard disk capacity).
- Checking the database and the workload (possible reorganization of the data).
- Checking the backup mechanisms and possible switchover to the replacement server (hot swap).
- Test of the automatic autostart mechanisms during a reboot.
- Checking the update mechanisms of the operating system and virus scanners.
The regular service of the software leads to the maintenance of the high system quality and stability. Especially the topic of automatic updates of the operating system and the virus scanner belong to the sensitive software components, which have to be coordinated very well between us and the customer's IT.
Maintenance & Service Contracts
For complex plants and critical, production-relevant systems, we offer our customers maintenance and service contracts. There are different models, which are worked out individually together with the customers. In the standard case, maintenance is carried out once a year.
Many years of experience in paperless order picking